Sunday 12 October 2008

Hair styles

It's rare for me to have a haircut. Even rarer for me to cut several of 'em! :-)

It's not that I dislike hair dressers. Except for the most recent one I went to: her, I actively dislike and will never set foot in that salon again. But I digress. Generally, haircuts and hair styling is something I just can't be bothered with. I'll get around to it at some point. I generally have a haircut every 3-4 months, when it starts flopping in my face or getting caught in my collar.

For the past few years, I've had just a traditional short back and sides. My last haircut was a couple of weeks ago. So, now it's at this really annoying stage. The hair on the sides of my head is about one and a half inches long. And when I wake up in the morning, I have a "step". Only on one side, though.

Bed hair. The bane of my life. About the only thing I can do it wet it down in the shower, which means I end up washing it every day or two.

The hair is too short to comb properly - the comb passes through without touching it and it's not long enough for its own weight to pull it down. So, putting mousse in it won't help either. When ther hair gets longer, maybe - but not now. Hair gel is too messy to contemplate, and just looks greasy on me. Wax sort-of works, but always ends up making my hair look dry.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know Locusts had hair, I thought they were only exoskeletonised.
Seriously though I definitely recommend the mullet, it is very aussie and what better way to represent the expat community than with a lovely mullet

madvoice said...

Go bald! No seriously! Apparently chicks dig bald men so that's a plus. You don't have to worry about windblown hair poking into your eyes (another plus). It stays the same when you wake up, after you have a shower and you don't need to do anything to get it ready for the day. Just make sure you wear a hat in the sun though. Sunburned heads can be mighty painful (so I've been told)